Friday, June 18, 2010

“Didn’t they do that on Glee?”

Last night was karaoke night with two of my favorite people.  That’s what I asked after almost every song, because 9 times out of 10, the answer was yes.   After the day I’d had it was  a much needed night out.  Honestly, I can’t remember the last night I’ve been out since my birthday in March.  I’ve had and been to some parties, yes, but haven’t been out.  Just realized that.  Hmm.

Last night.  Karaoke.  Right. 

IMG_0156eI love her even if she is a Longhorn

Melodie.  My soap tweeting, Glee loving, calculator harassing Melodie.  I love this girl to pieces even if she up and went away to college.

 

IMG_0177eI’m going to the mall Monday.”
“You’re going to Guatemala?”
“Yes, Tia.  Guatemala.”

Then there’s my Tia.  There isn’t much to say about this girl, other than to know her is to love her.  And love her I do!  (Especially when she makes me look like less of a blonde.)

We had fun, even though I’ve decided that sober people who can sing totally ruin it for us drunkards who can’t.  Even though I didn’t get drunk.  Or sing.  I’m pretty sure they were happy, too because last time I was there I sang “Oops!…I Did it Again”  That drunk.

At least I wasn’t doing yoga on the floor like my Spanish teacher from sophomore  and junior year was.  That’s something I’d rather not try and figure out, quite frankly. 

As much fun as I had, we kept running into people we graduated with.  People who are now married, engaged or married and expecting their third kid.

That’s what sucks about living in a small town.  You can’t escape.  Everywhere you go there’s someone you know.  I have a huge problem with them.  When you wouldn’t even as much give me the time of day when we were in high school, don’t come talk to me like we’re long lost friends.  Maybe they’ve changed and maybe they’re trying to be nice, I know, but there’s a big difference in being nice and being fake.

I can’t stand fake.

I’m getting so sick of this town.  I’d love nothing more than to pack up and move away somewhere, but my family is here and I just don’t know that I would be okay with being away from them.  Maybe that will change when I get married and start a family.  Maybe that will change once I finish school and can afford to live on my own.  I don’t know.

What I do know is what I want my life to be like when I finally finish growing up and settle down.  I want a big house with big windows, a wrap around porch and a bright red door.  I want a big, spacious kitchen with lots of light, glass door cabinets and counter space.

I want lots of land with a pond and animals.  Chickens, horses, cows, goats, dogs, ducks, pigs.  I want lots of animals and four wheelers for the kids to play on.  I want them to go outside and play only to come in because they have to, not because they want to.  I want my kids to know what it’s like to play outside instead of spending it in front of the TV all day.

I want to have the house that all my friends and kids’ friends want to be at.

I know what I want and know that it’s all things that can easily reached with some hard work and sacrifices.  All I need to do is find someone who shares the same dreams and wants to share them with me.

I don’t want to end up being the crazy old lady with cats.  I really don’t like cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment