Monday, November 1, 2010

Why you gotta be so mean?

I’ve been thinking about this all day.  I don’t really have one all time favorite song.  I chang my favorite song and musical taste like most people change their underwear so it’s rather hard.

I’ll listen to just about anything as long I like it.  My iTunes consists of pretty much everything including, but not limited to:

    1. Umbrella, All Time Low, Punk Goes Crunk
    2. Only Prettier, Miranda Lambert, Revolution
    3. Peacock, Katy Perry, Teenage Dream
    4. Tempo Bledsoe, Smile Smile, Truth on Tape
    5. Love the Way You Lie, Eminem ft. Rihanna, Recovery

At least those are the first five so things that come up when I hit the shuffle button.

Right now, my favorite song is Taylor Swift’s “Mean” off her new Speak Now album.

 

High school was four years of complete hell for me.  I went to school, did what I needed to do to get good grades and that was about it.  I woke up about 20 minutes before I had to leave, threw on a tshirt, hoodie, jeans, some flip flops and pulled my hair in a pony tail, because I was going to school to learn, duh, why should I dress up and impress people!

I had some friends, but they came and went.  I went to my first football game senior year and I got there so late that they didn’t even charge me to get in.  Between the name calling, stalking, bullying and lists of Reasons Why I hate Katie B, I was beyond happy to graduate!

Girls are catty, boys say hurtful things and it doesn’t really get any better as you get older and the words still hurt, but I’ve found that as I get older, it gets a little bit easier to cope with them.  You realize that those people have a problem with themselves and in order to make them feel better about themselves, you get hurt.

I still let things get to me more than they should, but I’m ever so slowly getting the the point where I can pity them.  If your life is so miserable that you have to bully me, then your life must suck something fierce.

I’ve put the past behind me and I’m even really, really good friends with one of the girls who was the meanest to me in high school. 

I chose Mean because I love Taylor Swift.  I think she’s a great role model and I like that she isn’t afraid to write and sing about her life and what has happened to her.  I can relate to most of her songs and that’s hard to come by these days. 

Karma is one hell of a bitch and I hope she comes back to bite all the ‘mean girls (and boys)’ in the ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment