Friday, November 5, 2010

She's Come Undone

I'll be the first person to tell you I'm a book worm. I love to read. At my old job all I did was answer phones and read. At one point, I had fourteen books in my office and I had read them all at least thrice.

I love the feeling I get when I open a book for the first time, but I dread when I've finished it. I love to read series because they don't just end at one book, you get three or four and sometimes more. The feeling when I finish a series is even worse than a single book, however.

I don't know that I have one favorite book, but the one I've read the most number of times is "She's Come Undone" by Wally Lamb. It's part of Opah's Book Club and really good coming of age story. The fact that a male wrote it from a female's perspective, and wrote it so well, impresses me.

My friend let me borrow her copy my junior year of high school and I read it twice before returning it. I've since bought my own copy, lost it in a move, bought another copy and lost it yet again to a friend.

I think it's time to buy another copy and get lost in Dolores Price's world again.

No comments:

Post a Comment