Saturday, September 25, 2010

Live. Laugh. Love.

Nana and Papa went to see Asleep at the Wheel in concert tonight. They both dressed up; Nana in a dress, Papa in his Wranglers, boots and new shirt he bought today.

I stayed home with The Kids (Uncle Murphy and Belle, the dogs) and baked cupcakes while I talked to two of my oldest friends in a chat room on AIM. I haven't done that since high school.

A lot of times I get stressed and wish I was a kid again. Wanting to go back to the days when the only thing that mattered was extra time at recess and boys still had cooties. Back before bills and boys and jobs.

Then I see Nana and Papa come home after midnight, all dressed up and I stop. Life isn't about bills and old relationships and things you can't control. It's about still going on dates after 40+ years of marriage. It's about catching up with friends and reminiscing about the old days.

Life is all about the little things and I don't think we take enough time to stop and notice them.

We should.

No comments:

Post a Comment