Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Style in 2000

10 years ago I was 12 and in 6th grade.

We had just gotten an Abercrombie at our mall and that was the latest craze.  You weren’t popular unless you had a shirt that read PREP across the chest.  I never wore Abercrombie.  It was too expensive.  (Still is in my opinion.)

I was mad that I couldn’t wear shorts to school anymore without them being all the way to my knees, omg the horror!  I had to tuck my shirt in as part of school dress code so I got my first hoodie that I wore everysingleday and loved a lot more than I probably should have. 

Shoes that I really, really, REALLY wanted:

adidas-classic-300x225

 

722194-p-2x

 

1044-239_1_700x700

 

Shoes that I wore:il_fullxfull.151374256

I don’t remember much about clothes.  I remember I had an orange Hawaiian shirt from Bugle Boy that I wore with khaki capri pants all the time. I had khaki overalls that I wore with a tank top that had a built in shirt under it.  Other than that I’m pretty sure it was t-shirts and jeans, under my hoodie.  I had a shirt from American Eagle that was hand me down that I wore all the time with my jeans and brown leather belt.  It had American Eagle written across the back bottom so I didn’t have to tuck it in.  Maybe that’s why I wore it so much.  Who knows.

I do remember that I had the brightest yellow and orange backpack from the Gap.  I loved that thing.

I was going to say that I’d love to go back and relive those days, but that means I’d have to go through high school again.  Four years was enough for me, thankyouverymuch.

No comments:

Post a Comment