Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I didn’t even know a TB existed (that wasn't Taco Bell).

I have a tape recorder for classes that I can record lectures and what not in class and then upload to my laptop and save as audio files. I figure this will take up a lot of space and I don’t want to loose any of them so I go an external hard drive today.

It’s been backing up files for about 45 minutes. So far we’re a little over 14.2 GB backed up and we haven’t even gotten to the pictures and video yet. Luckily there was a really good deal on one that holds 1 TB.

I’m on my third laptop since 2006 (the first two were given to me used, this is my first new one) and I lost A LOT of pictures that are somewhere on an jump drive, probably lost forever.

I tend to get a little snap happy when I get a camera in my hand and take pictures of myself. Not so much anymore since I pretty much only use my Rebel, but ONLY BECAUSE MY ARMS ARE TOO SHORT!

No, seriously. I wish I was lying when I say I have a folder named ‘Katie Shots’ that has over a thousand pictures of me holding the camera in front of my face and snapping away. Sad thing is that I’ll only like 5 or 6 out of the bunch and the others just sit in folders.

So, yeah. Got an external hard drive. Still backing up files after an hour and half later. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment